Archive for November, 2019
If April showers bring May flowers, what does the fall and winter bring? Well, tire pressure lights of course! All jokes aside, this time of year you may notice your tire pressure light is demanding attention.
Often times, this isn’t anything to be overly concerned about and can be blamed on fluctuations in weather. Living in Kentucky, we can experience all 4 seasons within a day. That sure does make your tire pressure sensors go wild!
A good rule of thumb is that if you wake up and its 10+ degrees different than the day before; that could alter the pressure in your tires that triggers your tire pressure alert. While this isn’t always cause for immediate alarm, we do have a quick fix to ensure nothing serious is going on!
We encourage our valued customers to stop by any of our service lanes- no reservation needed! We are happy to check your pressure, ensure they are within a normal fluctuation, fill the air if necessary and reset your light. We will get you taken care of as quickly as possible!
If you do make the recommended adjustments and the light keeps coming on or the fluctuation is outside the norm, we are pleased to make you a reservation. The safety of our loyal customers and their vehicles is most important to us! We appreciate the opportunity to assist you with any lights, concerns or maintenance needs. Call Don Jacobs Guest Services at 859-276-3546 to schedule today.
The question of whether you want to lease or finance a vehicle is often the biggest dilemma our customers face when they walk into Don Jacobs. Not sure if you want to buy or lease? We’ve compiled a list of pros and cons to help you make your decision.
BUYING A VEHICLE
- Eventual Ownership: We all know buying a vehicle is quite an investment! In the end, you will have ownership of, ability to modify at will, while you keeping your vehicle as long as you want.
- No Mileage Limit: Love to travel? You can drive as many miles as you’d like!
- Control over Vehicle: You have total control over when you want to sell your vehicle, upgrade or trade.
- Pay Off: Once you pay off your vehicle, it’s yours! The ability to not have a payment monthly is a huge pro for many.
- Monthly Payments: You may need to have a decent down payment to minimize monthly payments on a purchased vehicle.
- Unpredictable Resale: There are brand and models that tend to have better resale values, which is hard to predict. This is a consideration during research! Always keep in mind that other factors such as high mileage, depreciation or accidents can lower the trade-in or resale value of your vehicle.
- Maintenance Expenses: Once the initial limited warranty period is over, you may want to purchase an additional warranty to cover unexpected repairs that could arise over the course of extended ownership.
- Flexibility: If your needs change and you like to upgrade often, buying often doesn’t make financial sense.
If you love the ability to pay off your vehicle with intent for extended usage, have access to savings to keep a reasonable payment or know you will drive a lot of miles; we would recommend considering buying.
LEASING A VEHICLE
- Down Payment: Not a lot of savings? Many times, with a lease you have a choice of not giving a down payment.
- Maintenance Expenses: While with a lease or purchase you have regular maintenance expenses, during a lease the manufacturer’s warranty will allow peace of mind to avoid large repairs.
- Resale: You don’t have to worry about depreciation or even an accident causing value loss, as you can turn your vehicle in at the end of lease.
- Flexibility: Once you are down with your lease term, you can upgrade to a newer model or change models depending on your needs, easily.
- Mileage: At time of lease, you will set mileage for the vehicle. There will be financial penalties going over the allotted miles.
- Insurance: Higher premiums may occur, as you could be required to obtain higher limits of coverage.
- Ownership: At the end of the lease, you do not own the vehicle. If you choose to purchase, at times, this can be a bit more expensive than buying initially.
If you love to upgrade vehicles every 2-3 years, don’t drive many miles, don’t want to tie your funds up in a huge down payment and want lower monthly payments; leasing might be a great way to go!
For the past two years, BMW has assisted in providing over 2.4 million meals to Feeding America to help the 1 out of every 8 Americans struggling with hunger. This year, we continue the fight against hunger with the BMW Drive to End Hunger event and you can help! After all, the only thing better than getting behind the wheel of The Ultimate Driving Machine is helping those in need.
From November 12th through the 16th, if you visit Don Jacobs BMW and go on a test drive, not only will you get a $1,000 credit towards the purchase/lease of a new BMW, you will also fund 200 meals for Feeding America. Everyone wins and all it takes is a test drive. Fill out the form here to take part.
Luckily if you want to do more locally, we have that option as well! This month, Don Jacobs is partnering with God’s Pantry Food Bank. We are taking food donations all month long at drop-off bins located around the dealership, along with our service donation match program. Not sure what is most needed? Their greatest needs include: breakfast foods, canned meat, canned fruits, canned vegetables, pasta and rice, shelf stable milk, and soups.
To add to the $1,000 credit towards the purchase/lease of a new BMW, we also want to take the time to thank you customers. We wouldn’t be here for almost 50 years without your loyal patronage. On Friday, November 15th, we are having a Customer Appreciation Event. Food, music, BMWs- what more could you ask for to kick off this holiday season? Giveaways from Kendra Scott, Jeff Ruby’s and Logan’s of Lexington will be up for grabs if you can guess how many donations fit in our BMW X7 model. With incredible storage space, we look forward to using your donations to support an amazing cause and give you the opportunity to win. Want to attend? You can RSVP by contacting us here.