Archive for December, 2019
The harshest time of the year for vehicles has arrived here in Central Kentucky. Freezing temperatures may lead to some unexpected issues for drivers. Never fear, we are here to help! Simply plan ahead for icy conditions with a service reservation at Don Jacobs and at home preparations before you’re sliding off the road.
Prep with Service
The best move you can do right now is scheduling a service reservation at one our three service centers here in Lexington[link]. When you bring your vehicle in, we will be able to address any of your regular maintenance needs:
- Oil change & Oil Filter
- Rotate, balance, align tires
- Inspection of belts, hoses, tires, heating systems, defroster, four-wheel drive system, and battery
On top of that, we will also perform a visual multi-point inspection to identify potential concerns in the coming months. Are your wipers showing signs of wear and tear? Or do you need to swap out your tires for some that can better tackle icy roads? With our parts center on site, we have you covered with any supplies you may need.
Prep at Home
Making sure your vehicle is up to snuff goes beyond a service reservation though. Here are some additional tips that you can do from home:
- Monitor tire pressure – We talked previously about how colder weather may bring lower tire pressures. It’s important to check this once a month even after your normal service reservations. Many newer models allow you to check this out with a touch of a button.
- Apply wax to your vehicle – Road salt and dirt from snow plows will be spraying all over your vehicle in the winter. Before the cold weather starts, apply a fresh coat of wax to protect it from these conditions. Be sure to focus on the lower parts of the vehicle: behind the wheels, quarter panels, and the front grille.
- Check headlights and brake lights – A given though the year for when you drive at night, these lights become even more important during the winter months. With heavy snow fall obscuring visibility, your lights will help alert other drivers of your presence when they normally can’t. Are the covers hazy and discolored? Kits are available to make them as good as new!
Want to get ready for winter? Call Guest Services at 859-276-3546 or click here to schedule a reservation to have your vehicle inspected and serviced by our team of certified technicians in one of our service centers. We can’t wait to see you soon!
With the New Year, changes can be embraced with open arms. In 2020, Volkswagen has announced that their famous America’s Best Bumper-to-Bumper Warranty would be getting a facelift.
Starting with 2020 models, the Bumper-to-Bumper Warranty will be transitioning from the 6 years or 72,000 miles of coverage (whichever comes first) to 4 years or 50,000 miles of coverage (whichever comes first). The updated warranty will also include the 10,000 and 20,000 mile maintenance services. Even with the tweak to the warranty, this is still one of the best warranties in America!
If the longer warranty appeals to you a bit more than the newly included maintenance, come see us before these changes take place! We still have 2019 inventory- but it isn’t lasting long! With the Sign Then Drive event currently happening, all you need to drive off the lot with a new Volkswagen is practically just your signature. Don’t miss out- schedule your reservation today to see all available options.
If you have any questions about these changes, feel free to reach out to us. We’re happy to help and keep you driving happy!
The Holiday season is upon us in the Bluegrass! For many, this is one of the most wonderful times of the year. However, for some local families, the holidays bring stress and worry. To help the children in our community, Don Jacobs is partnering with The Toy Chest Children’s Charity for the month of December!
The Toy Chest is a children’s charity that provides toys, books, clothing and other items vital to the healthy development of children in under-served areas around Kentucky. They are committed to mentoring and fostering service values in all children, while providing them a platform to serve their peers.
You can help Don Jacobs support the Toy Chest in two different ways this month. If you are coming to see us for service, you can make a donation during your next visit. Don Jacobs will match your donation up to $25! Please call Guest Services at 859-276-3546 to schedule.
If you ready for holiday travel, but still want to help, consider dropping new, unwrapped toys off at Don Jacobs during our toy drive. We have 3 convenient locations throughout our dealership to make it easy! We will be accepting toys through December 20, so come see us soon!
In the great words of Dr. Seuss, “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It’s not.” Partnering with the Toy Chest Children’s Charity makes it possible for over 450 kids to wake up to new toys, clothes and books every Christmas morning. We look forward to doing our part to help brighten up this holiday season for children across the Bluegrass!