Brace yourself! The majority of people across the United States, including those of us right here in the bluegrass, will be traveling 50+ miles away from home, according to USA Today. So the question is, “Are you and your vehicle prepared for the drive to Grandma’s?”
Turkey and Pecan Pie may be calling your name, but everyone wants to avoid the traveling headaches. Lexington is surrounded by numerous major cities, within a 250 mile drive, including: Cincinnati, Louisville, Indianapolis, IN, Nashville, TN and Columbus, OH. Our city lies at the crossroads of I-64 and I-75, leading to a significant impact when traveling for the holiday season. Whenever you decide to pack up the car, be sure to utilize the Real-time traffic ticker provided by Lexington-Fayette Urban County Government. This awesome too tells you about real-time road closures and traffic reports and updates happening in Lexington.
Here are 5 Tips for Driving for the Thanksgiving holiday:
- Check digital maps or apps prior to leaving to know when and where congestion will build up to avoid the stress of sitting in traffic.
- Avoid major commuting times by planning alternative routes through the city.
- Give yourself an extra hour. Don’t stress yourself out because traffic has you ‘running late’.
- Perform the necessary maintenance for your vehicle before hitting the road. More specifically, inspecting your tires and testing your vehicles battery.
- Drive well rested. Get plenty of sleep so you can remain alert. It is best practice to take a 15 minute break from driving every 2 hours.
Have a safe and happy Thanksgiving from your extended family at Don Jacobs Automotive in Lexington, Kentucky! Always Providing People a Little Extra.
Easy Related Posts
Summer Maintenance Checks
Summer is in full swing and families are about to start on their summer road ...read more
Top 5 Things to Consider Before Your Vacation
Spring has finally arrived! The Sun has started to break through the dreary winter clouds ...read more