Posts Tagged ‘service’
The harshest time of the year for vehicles has arrived here in Central Kentucky. Freezing temperatures may lead to some unexpected issues for drivers. Never fear, we are here to help! Simply plan ahead for icy conditions with a service reservation at Don Jacobs and at home preparations before you’re sliding off the road.
Prep with Service
The best move you can do right now is scheduling a service reservation at one our three service centers here in Lexington[link]. When you bring your vehicle in, we will be able to address any of your regular maintenance needs:
- Oil change & Oil Filter
- Rotate, balance, align tires
- Inspection of belts, hoses, tires, heating systems, defroster, four-wheel drive system, and battery
On top of that, we will also perform a visual multi-point inspection to identify potential concerns in the coming months. Are your wipers showing signs of wear and tear? Or do you need to swap out your tires for some that can better tackle icy roads? With our parts center on site, we have you covered with any supplies you may need.
Prep at Home
Making sure your vehicle is up to snuff goes beyond a service reservation though. Here are some additional tips that you can do from home:
- Monitor tire pressure – We talked previously about how colder weather may bring lower tire pressures. It’s important to check this once a month even after your normal service reservations. Many newer models allow you to check this out with a touch of a button.
- Apply wax to your vehicle – Road salt and dirt from snow plows will be spraying all over your vehicle in the winter. Before the cold weather starts, apply a fresh coat of wax to protect it from these conditions. Be sure to focus on the lower parts of the vehicle: behind the wheels, quarter panels, and the front grille.
- Check headlights and brake lights – A given though the year for when you drive at night, these lights become even more important during the winter months. With heavy snow fall obscuring visibility, your lights will help alert other drivers of your presence when they normally can’t. Are the covers hazy and discolored? Kits are available to make them as good as new!
Want to get ready for winter? Call Guest Services at 859-276-3546 or click here to schedule a reservation to have your vehicle inspected and serviced by our team of certified technicians in one of our service centers. We can’t wait to see you soon!
The Holiday season is upon us in the Bluegrass! For many, this is one of the most wonderful times of the year. However, for some local families, the holidays bring stress and worry. To help the children in our community, Don Jacobs is partnering with The Toy Chest Children’s Charity for the month of December!
The Toy Chest is a children’s charity that provides toys, books, clothing and other items vital to the healthy development of children in under-served areas around Kentucky. They are committed to mentoring and fostering service values in all children, while providing them a platform to serve their peers.
You can help Don Jacobs support the Toy Chest in two different ways this month. If you are coming to see us for service, you can make a donation during your next visit. Don Jacobs will match your donation up to $25! Please call Guest Services at 859-276-3546 to schedule.
If you ready for holiday travel, but still want to help, consider dropping new, unwrapped toys off at Don Jacobs during our toy drive. We have 3 convenient locations throughout our dealership to make it easy! We will be accepting toys through December 20, so come see us soon!
In the great words of Dr. Seuss, “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It’s not.” Partnering with the Toy Chest Children’s Charity makes it possible for over 450 kids to wake up to new toys, clothes and books every Christmas morning. We look forward to doing our part to help brighten up this holiday season for children across the Bluegrass!
If April showers bring May flowers, what does the fall and winter bring? Well, tire pressure lights of course! All jokes aside, this time of year you may notice your tire pressure light is demanding attention.
Often times, this isn’t anything to be overly concerned about and can be blamed on fluctuations in weather. Living in Kentucky, we can experience all 4 seasons within a day. That sure does make your tire pressure sensors go wild!
A good rule of thumb is that if you wake up and its 10+ degrees different than the day before; that could alter the pressure in your tires that triggers your tire pressure alert. While this isn’t always cause for immediate alarm, we do have a quick fix to ensure nothing serious is going on!
We encourage our valued customers to stop by any of our service lanes- no reservation needed! We are happy to check your pressure, ensure they are within a normal fluctuation, fill the air if necessary and reset your light. We will get you taken care of as quickly as possible!
If you do make the recommended adjustments and the light keeps coming on or the fluctuation is outside the norm, we are pleased to make you a reservation. The safety of our loyal customers and their vehicles is most important to us! We appreciate the opportunity to assist you with any lights, concerns or maintenance needs. Call Don Jacobs Guest Services at 859-276-3546 to schedule today.
The question of whether you want to lease or finance a vehicle is often the biggest dilemma our customers face when they walk into Don Jacobs. Not sure if you want to buy or lease? We’ve compiled a list of pros and cons to help you make your decision.
BUYING A VEHICLE
- Eventual Ownership: We all know buying a vehicle is quite an investment! In the end, you will have ownership of, ability to modify at will, while you keeping your vehicle as long as you want.
- No Mileage Limit: Love to travel? You can drive as many miles as you’d like!
- Control over Vehicle: You have total control over when you want to sell your vehicle, upgrade or trade.
- Pay Off: Once you pay off your vehicle, it’s yours! The ability to not have a payment monthly is a huge pro for many.
- Monthly Payments: You may need to have a decent down payment to minimize monthly payments on a purchased vehicle.
- Unpredictable Resale: There are brand and models that tend to have better resale values, which is hard to predict. This is a consideration during research! Always keep in mind that other factors such as high mileage, depreciation or accidents can lower the trade-in or resale value of your vehicle.
- Maintenance Expenses: Once the initial limited warranty period is over, you may want to purchase an additional warranty to cover unexpected repairs that could arise over the course of extended ownership.
- Flexibility: If your needs change and you like to upgrade often, buying often doesn’t make financial sense.
If you love the ability to pay off your vehicle with intent for extended usage, have access to savings to keep a reasonable payment or know you will drive a lot of miles; we would recommend considering buying.
LEASING A VEHICLE
- Down Payment: Not a lot of savings? Many times, with a lease you have a choice of not giving a down payment.
- Maintenance Expenses: While with a lease or purchase you have regular maintenance expenses, during a lease the manufacturer’s warranty will allow peace of mind to avoid large repairs.
- Resale: You don’t have to worry about depreciation or even an accident causing value loss, as you can turn your vehicle in at the end of lease.
- Flexibility: Once you are down with your lease term, you can upgrade to a newer model or change models depending on your needs, easily.
- Mileage: At time of lease, you will set mileage for the vehicle. There will be financial penalties going over the allotted miles.
- Insurance: Higher premiums may occur, as you could be required to obtain higher limits of coverage.
- Ownership: At the end of the lease, you do not own the vehicle. If you choose to purchase, at times, this can be a bit more expensive than buying initially.
If you love to upgrade vehicles every 2-3 years, don’t drive many miles, don’t want to tie your funds up in a huge down payment and want lower monthly payments; leasing might be a great way to go!
For nearly 50 years, Don Jacobs has been a fixture in Central Kentucky. While we always strive for our valued customers to experience the Don Jacobs difference, we also love to provide a little something extra to local charities that call Lexington home. Each month, our loyal patrons and employees have the option to donate to our sponsored charity. In kind, we as an organization will match each donation up to $25! This month, we are excited to share more about our partnership with Shriner’s Hospitals for Children!
Shriner’s Hospitals for Children serve as specialty health clinics for pediatric orthopedic conditions. Built on the philosophy that people can make a positive difference in the lives of others, a sentiment dear to our hearts, the medical center in Lexington consists of board certified physicians and surgeons who go above and beyond for their patients. They provide comprehensive care conveniently under one roof.
Shriners Hospitals for Children is one of 12 organizations we will donate to locally this year. Curious what is up for November? Stay tuned by liking our Facebook Page to see all the great things happening at Don Jacobs.
Want to contribute and help the kids of Shriners this month? There is still time! Schedule your appointment at one of the links below. When you arrive, tell your Advisor you would like to donate to the Charity of the Month.